Friday, October 19, 2012

BC -period

This time BC doesn't mean Before Christ. By BC -period I mean "basic condition -period". I have had hard time with learning that you should not neglect bc!

Some time ago I was truly thinking that I do not need any long-running or cycling. Race lasts less than one minute, so best way to get myself handle it was doing uphill-sprints. Or in Kungsbacka we did two laps without stopping, after that racing one lap at the time is easy. I always was able to make it to finnish line without problems.

Season has ended times ago. Since that I have been doing everything to recover. But still I'm not there. I have been practicing without recovering for too long. I have learned for good why it's important to have good basic condition! Without it I can't practice on track as much as I want.

When I got my last races I got so bad pain in my leg muscles that I was not able to sleep at night! Now when I started to practice little more pain came back. Still I'm not doing miracles with my practicing. Here is the basic week program to run thru BC -period:

Mon: 75min jogging, averige heart rate 130-140
Ti: Gym (7 drifts 20 x 3, every different drift once, 60sec pause between rounds)
Wed: 75min jogging, averige heart rate 130-140
To: Gym
Pe: 45min jogging, AHR 150-160
La: 60min easy sports (jogging, playing..)

On gym ofcourse need to warm up and warm down. And stretching should be done with every practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment