Monday, March 12, 2012

4130 Subway Series


BMX culture of California cut the mustard! Saturday night, after racing in Palm Springs, I head to Hollywood. There was BMX ride. I can't really tell you how does it feel to to be part of nearly 200 riders cruising from Hollywood to LA downtown. All traffic stopped for us (maybe I should say because of us). Huge amount of strangers became same intense group with me. Ride was around 15miles long and the averige speed was 13miles/h (and I burned 900kcal without even noticing that I was doing sports).

Before I went to starting spot, I was adviced to get lights for bike. Policemen like to catch riders from group and kind of stop the ride. It looked like that they have found some co-operation with cops. Only one kid had to stop because he didn't have helmet. Even sometimes policemen stopped the traffic for us so we were able to continue.

Awesome! I hope I could join the ride every month! 

(Ride is on second Saturday of month. More information from website 4130subwayseries.com)

 Video coming soon!





3 comments:

  1. Nice riding with you at Sycamore BMX and glad to see you found the 4130 Subway Series!

    Mike

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saw you at 4130 ride hope to see video soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to the Jungle! LA's Subway Series 4130BmX ride was a blast! Glad to see you survived the ride,The LA Subway journey. I hope had a blast with us WOMAN! Take care =}

    ReplyDelete