Monday, February 20, 2012

Parkcross

This trip has been one big adventure of emotions. Today I read one old message which I had sent to my friend; Do you have any idea, who would like to play with bikes with me? With that message I traveled 15 years back, to the time when everything started. Fixing and riding bikes was big thing when I was kid. I'm still amazed that the "parkcross" what we road, which we created, is a real olympic sport. I can't remember why I ever stopped racing parkcross. Maybe tracks became too small were, I was ashamed to play in park with younger boys, or probably boys grew up and left me and my bike alone in park.

I remember that my dad was bit annoyed for the bikes I "fixed". But I got to say for all dads who reads this; let your children build up their own bike. I think my bike was the coolest in the neighbourhood. I got handlebars from track bike installed upside down..

And when it rained we used to went out to ride on side's of the streets, so water splashed all over. 

Back in times, BMX racing used to have own class which raced with bikes with sidecars. Finally I got to try out one of those bikes. It was so cool that I have to build my own sidecar BMX when I get back to Finland. Being the monkey, meaning the one in sidecar, is whole new story. Sometimes you have to run and push the bike or pump or lean. It was weird how you control the bike with leaning, not that much with normal handlebar steerin. Hard to explane, you can come and try when I get my bike done.

BMX with sidecar

No comments:

Post a Comment