Friday, February 24, 2012

Style of America

Land of tennis socks and indigonblue jeans; America. This is exactly what you see in movies.

Rule number 1: Americans doesn't walk
At second night in America when I got to hotel. Hotel owner asked me where did I get off the bus? I answered: at those stoplights. Man was terrified; "It's a long way to walk from there". Yes, it was 200meters (650feet).
Another examble is my neighbour at San Jacinto. She was pissed of waiting in car her husband to pack baby in car and take her to work. She is late again.. Way to work is 300meters (1000feet) 

Rule number 2: Here you don't cook your own meals
One day I was ashamed telling to Hannu that once, before they had came to California, I ate McDonalds breakfast. He told me, he had done the same on several morning! If you know Hannu, you know that is not his style!

Rule number 3: They really wear shoes inside
I can tell you, it feels bad to walk on wall to wall carpet with shoes on. I don't know what happens if it rains outside. First weeks I spend most my time with local people and couple times I found myself having shoes inside at my own home.

Rule number 4: They know only America
For me it sounds weird if someone doesn't know currency euros. Maybe it's because I'm from Europe. But still I know dollars and I know that they use yens in Japan. Other funny thing is comment: Ou, you have celcius, we have degrees. Yes, you have fahrenheit degrees and we have celcius degrees. The guesses where Finland is, are pretty funny, but that one I totally understand.

One thing is bothering me. I haven't yet find out why they don't put taxes in prices. There got to be some reason, but I just don't know it.

No comments:

Post a Comment